- 4 tbs. oil, split
- 1/4 kilo (about 1/2 pound) okra or lady fingers, as they are known in India, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Pinch jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Heat saute pan without oil.
- Once hot add 2 tbs. oil and continue heating.
- Add lady fingers and cook until browned and not gummy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lady fingers from pan and put in bowl.
- Add 2 tbs. oil to same pan and heat.
- Add potato and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add lady fingers back into pan with potatoes and stir.
- Add spices, mix and serve.
Makes 1 1/2 cups