We hosted our first party last night and… had way too much food. Everyone seemed to have fun though. This was for a bunch of Eric’s managers and their spouses. We know better for the next party in two weeks!
Things I learned
- It is really, really hard to get the florist to do something simple. He wanted to spray the green leaves gold.
- When it is hot (even with A/C) people don’t eat that much. Need to cut down on options.
- When it is hot people drink more beer (duh!) and juices and less whisky. I think Eric drank most of the whisky that was consumed.
- There weren’t that many mosquitos so maybe my many, many lemongrass candles and plugs worked. And our outdoor porch worked really well.
- Annette and her kids were very helpful throughout the night.
- Our place works really well for a party!